Saturday, June 30, 2007

Ridiculously Good-Looking Pakistani's!!!!

I recently joined a social group called ‘Facebook’ and it has been fun for the last week. I was browsing through the group contents and went to see which Pakistani Groups were online and then I found it - a group called Ridiculously Good Looking Pakistani’s.

The hugely self-appreciative title tickled my funny bone no end. However the funniness came to an abrupt end when I went to the Group Page. I honestly was expecting a self-depreciating kind of humour because, well really, just look at the title - 'Ridiculously Good-looking Pakistani's'. In my world people with any sense of reality or for that matter, dignity do not confess to thinking that they are ridiculously good looking!. Well good looking is fine but ridiculously good-looking..... Just the word makes it funny...Right???!!!

Nope... Wrong!

The opening paragraph said that ‘Lahore was the centre of beauty’ and then gave access to a vast collection of pictures of foreign based Pakistani girls and boys – all in teens or twenties. There’s one of a shirtless guy flexing his muscles and another of a young girl in a boob tube. Some are indeed very good-looking, while in the studio shots one suspects that it is the camera man’s skill rather than nature which is to praise here. The only eligibility seemed to be good looks, with no necessity of any other aspect. Even the Miss World/Universe contests require the candidates to show some talent and answer questions in full sentences!

So what is my opinion of it – it’s pretty I suppose. Also kind of brainless. Instead of coming back with impression that Pakistani’s are good-looking, I felt that the group was saying, yeah we’re good-looking but in a dumb way.

Thinking about it i feel that’s not half bad. Give me a good looking guy who was dumb any day of the week. It’s the smart ones who seem to have more issues in life. Blissfully it seems none of the guys and girls on the ‘Ridiculously Good Looking Pakistani’s” Network seem to have any issues outside themselves!

Have a look at http://www.rglp.mysite.com/index_1.html

No comments: