Wednesday, June 26, 2013

My Picture of Dorian Grey

When you look in my eyes You smile For you think you see A reflection of yourself in my eyes Of the way you were, all those years ago It saddens me but No longer I see my beloved in your face Your skin is sallow With countless random indulgences Your mouth droops at the corners With the aftermath of meaningless pursuits Your eyes are lidded with excess of forgotten lovers You are my picture of Dorian Grey Once so beautiful So captivating Such that my heart would stop beating when I looked at you But now...... I wil not tell you My Dearest for I have loved you too well, too long I will not tell you My Love, May the gods be kind And you go on forever As the picture of perfection You always believed yourself to be (London, July 2011)

No comments: